FoodTech Challenge 2019
The objective of this competition is to encourage students in innovation and entrepreneurship and to equip them with relevant industry experience. Students get the opportunity to learn from industry and business mentors, with sponsor companies being Nestlé, JR Group, and Ingredion.
Over the course of one week, teams of 3-5 will compete to come up with a proposal and/or prototype and present it to a panel of judges from leading food technology companies in Singapore such as Nestlé, JR Group, and Ingredion.
- The topic of the Foodtech Challenge competition is “Sustainable Protein, Beyond Soy,” from a Southeast Asian Perspective.
- The date of the Challenge is 10th to 17th July 2019, with evening industry talks on the first three days. Final pitch will be held afternoon of Wed, 17th July 2019.
- This challenge is open to all university, polytechnic students and ITE students, across all faculties. Cross-institute and cross-faculty teams are encouraged. Students need not be from food science.
- Cash prizes for the top 3 teams ($1,500 for 1st team, $800 for 2nd and $500 for 3rd), as well as $10k grant and incubation for selected winning teams. T&Cs apply.
- There are no registration fees involved.
- Please note this Challenge is not restricted to just Food Science students and multi-disciplinary and even cross-IHL teams are encouraged.
- Please refer to the poster below and signup link for more information on the competition and schedule.
- This event is co-organised by NUS Enterprise and NUS Food Science and Technology Programme.
Register Now: https://bit.ly/2QFQxOo
Nature of Event
Wednesday, 10 July 2019
06:00 PM - 05:00 PM
NUS Enterprise@Singapore Science Park, 83 Science Park Drive, #02-03, S