PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”)
By registering online for this event and clicking on the box: “Consent is hereby given to NUS under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and according to the Personal Data Protection Notice which I have read.”, you:
- agree to disclose personal information (including any visual images, photographs and/or videos captured during the events/seminars/talks) about yourself to us, National University of Singapore, of 21 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119077, acting through its division, NUS Enterprise (“NUS”) (such personal information being hereinafter referred to collectively as “Personal Data”);
- acknowledge that we have informed you that we may collect, use (including, process, record, hold, store), and disclose (collectively, “Process”) your Personal Data;
- confirm that you have read this Personal Data Protection Notice and NUS’ Personal Data Protection Privacy Statement and related NUS Data Protection Policy [http://www.nus.edu.sg/privacy]; and
- consent to NUS’ collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data, for the Purposes as stated herein.
We Process your Personal Data, in accordance with the PDPA, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Marketing and promotional activities and such other strategic alliances.
- Marketing profiling activities relating to entrepreneurship, intellectual property and technology commercialisation and other similar events.
- To perform market, demographic or trend analysis/survey for research and marketing purposes.
- Communication purposes, such as sending out e-bulletins, newsletters, emails, brochures, leaflets, letters and flyers.
- To send information, updates and corporate information by post, email, text messages or social media about our events or those of third parties that we think may interest you.
- Maintenance and upkeep of event participants’ records and data.
- Administer your participation in events.
- Process your payment transactions.
- Respond to your questions related to the event or what we do.
- Registration and maintenance of participants’ database.
- To send out invitations for NUS present and future events which may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your Personal Data
Your up-to-date and accurate Personal Data is necessary to enable us to constantly improve the quality, and the relevancy to you, of events that are planned.
Failure to Supply your Personal Data
If you choose not to provide some of all the information requested by us in accordance with the PDPA, we may not be able to keep relevant, accurate and complete Personal Data about you and this may affect our ability to accomplish the purposes set out above.
We may disclose your Personal Data, for any of the Purposes and in accordance with the PDPA, to:any related companies of NUS;
- any of our agents and service providers providing services to NUS in relation to the Purposes;
- any third parties funding any of the Purposes;
- any third parties who is jointly organising an event with us;
- any third parties who is under a duty of confidentiality to keep your Personal Data confidential and who must comply with the PDPA.
NUS will keep and process your Personal Data in a secure manner. NUS will provide and implement appropriate administrative security safeguards to ensure your Personal Data will not be misused and to prevent any unauthorised Processing of your Personal Data.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Data
You have the right to access and to amend your Personal Data which is in our custody. You may contact NUS to:
- request that your Personal Data is amended* if it is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date;
- request NUS to cease processing your Personal Data;
- request to access* your Personal Data and be provided with information on how we have, or may have, used or disclosed your Personal Data within a year before the date of request for access;
- withdraw your consent for us to Process your Personal Data.
*a reasonable fee on a cost-recovery basis may be chargeable
You can contact our designated representative on any queries or for any information regarding the processing of your Personal Data by us, as follows:
Data Protection Officer