Ever wondered how Singapore grew to be such a thriving economy and enterprising city? You’ll find all the answers at NUS Enterprise’s annual Summer Programme, which we have been successfully running for the last seven years.
Conducted over two weeks, this residential programme offers a unique opportunity for local and foreign participants to learn about how one of the smaller nations in the world has progressed from a trading port to a destination for international commerce and investment. Besides being a dynamic and globally connected city-state, Singapore is also ranked as one of the most competitive economies globally.
Using an enriching combination of lectures, guest speakers, dialogue sessions with entrepreneurs, small group discussions and project presentations, as well as visits to business and government organisations, our Summer Programme aims to provide you with a comprehensive educational experience. You will also get to get to interact with local students in a multi-cultural and cosmopolitan environment, understand how public policies are formulated and most importantly, gain important insights on business practices and entrepreneurship development in Singapore.
Our Summer Programme will broadly cover the following:
- People, Politics and Culture of Singapore
- From Third World to First: Economic Development of Singapore
- Public Sector Management and Public Policy in Singapore
- Public and Private Enterprise Development in Singapore
- Entrepreneurship Growth and Strategy in Singapore
- Leadership and team building in Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Entrepreneurial Venture Creation: From Idea to Business Plan
- Social Entrepreneurship in Asia
- Site visits to selected government departments, statutory boards, companies and start-ups in Singapore
- Dialogue sessions with business leaders and entrepreneurs
- Visits to cultural and heritage sites in Singapore
Lectures will be conducted in English by faculty members from the NUS and other institutes of higher learning, as well as government officials, business leaders and professionals.
The programme fee is SGD$2,100 (inclusive of 7% GST) and includes all activities listed in the programme and accommodation at the student hostel at NUS. The fee does not cover airfare and airport taxes, travel insurance, visas, meals and personal expenses. Payment is via bank draft, and is to be made payable to "National University of Singapore".
How To Apply
If you are keen to sign up for our Summer Programme, do approach your home university’s International Relations Office or equivalent offices for assistance. You can also apply online here.
For hard copy submission, you can download the application form here . Please note that the following supporting documents must be submitted together with your application form:
- Copy of the completed application form with a recent passport-size photograph attached
- Letter from home university certifying that you are a current student registered with the university (in English)
- Academic transcript/Consolidated Grade Record (s) issued by your home university (with English translation, if applicable). The transcript should be endorsed with the university's seal and official signatory
- Copy of passport (the page showing your nationality and personal details)
Completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted to:
21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Level 5, Singapore 119613
Attn: Ms Jolia Tan
Documents which could not be uploaded during online submission can also be forward to the address above.
Should you require more information, you can reach us at +65-6516-8461 or send an e-mail us here
Words From Past Participants
"In the summer of 2011, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the NUS Enterprise’s Summer Programme. I have been fascinated with Singapore’s fast development, growth and history, and was fortunate enough to find this ideal program that would teach me about entrepreneurship and Singapore. Coming from Columbia, a Latin-American emergent country, I find the idea of studying in Asia very exciting and at the same time intimidating. Looking back at those months, I cannot stop smiling while thinking of all the interesting classmates, professors and speakers whom I met from all around the world, as well as how much I learned overall."
- Hernando Rico, Universidad el Rosario, Columbia
"The Summer Programme organised by NUS Enterprise is so unforgettable! Singapore is really a charming city and the people there are really nice. The ideas and experiences on entrepreneurship shared by world-renowned professors and entrepreneurs were enlightening, and visits to startups also inspired me a lot. It feels great to make friends with people from all over the world and get to know the different countries and cultures."
- Zhang Li, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
"NUS Enterprise’s Summer Programme gave us a magnificent platform to interact with people of different cultures and religions and hence, not only helped us develop entrepreneurial mindsets but also to groom ourselves to face daily life challenges in this competitive world."
- Javeria Siddiqui, 2010 Summer Programme participant from Pakistan
"I want to thank NUS Enterprise for hosting such an amazing Summer Programme for us. The exceptional opportunities of this programme to meet world-renowned lecturers, participate in inspiring company visits, and most importantly, establish and develop lasting friendships with people from foreign countries are more than what words can describe."
- Xiang Chao, 2010 Summer Programme participant from China