The NOC Lausanne programme was launched in 2016 in partnership with Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). Open to postgraduate students from the Faculty of Engineering and the School of Computing, the programme will focus on training students in design thinking, engineering, and technology commercialisation. The 6 months programme aims to expose students to deep techonology start-ups to encourage true technological innovation and scientific discovery.
We are currently preparing the detailed programme curriculum, which will be accessible via Curriculum Overview once it is available.
NOC Lausanne is a short programme, which will last for 6 months in total.
There is currently only 1 intake for the NOC Lausanne programme per academic year. Applications will open in August 2017 for the January 2018 Intake. Keep a look out for emails and other publicity material from NUS Overseas Colleges during these periods.
- 6-months full-time internship in a start-up
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship courses at the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Opportunities to network and attend conferences organised by the Swiss technology and business communities, including the EPFL Innovation Park, as well as activities within the University
- Host companies conduct mid-term and final internship evaluations
- Interns submit 2 internship reports and present mid-term and final internship reviews to NUS Overseas Colleges and their host companies
NOC Lausanne is credit bearing, and students will receive 20MCs for this programme.
|24 to 25 weeks internship; Part of research internship/project||12 credits|
|2 courses in EPFL related to Innovation and Entrepreneurship||8 credits|
|*NOC Lausanne students also need to attend the 1-week bootcamp for
TR4049 Seminars in entrepreneurship in NUS before departure.